[U-Boot-Users] MII / RMII

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at atmel.com
Thu Nov 29 23:25:10 CET 2007

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:31:51 -0500
Ben Warren <bwarren at qstreams.com> wrote:

> Yeah, see how the meaning is interpreted differently by each controller
> driver? CONFIG_RMII and CONFIG_MII make about as much sense as Wookies
> on Endor. It would be better to have:
>
> CONFIG_MACB_MODE_MII and CONFIG_MACB_MODE_RMII etc.
>
> Add multiple interfaces with different connections (e.g. controller 1 is
> connected MII and controller 2 is RMII) and then what?

Good point. I'll see if I can add an "is_rmii" parameter to
macb_eth_initialize() instead. This function is called from board code,
so there shouldn't be any problems to figure out what the parameter
should be.

Btw, I've been looking around in the tree lately as well. Why do we
need four(!) SPI APIs?

Haavard