[U-Boot-Users] CONFIG_MII, 83xx, no MII device?

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Fri Nov 30 12:22:37 CET 2007

All,

Trying to figure out how to enable the MII debugging, query commands in
u-boot so I can debug a Gigabit national DP83865 PHY chip on a MPC8360E
board.

I have enabled the CONFIG_MII and CONFIG_CMD_II, along with PHY address and
CONFIG_PHY_GIGE.

I have 'added' the DP83865 to the list of detected PHY's inside the
uec_phy.c file, <copied from the standard MII stuff>.

I am able to boot U-boot and see the device is detected. As well it works up
to 100BaseTX. However, I cannot get it to work in 1000BaseT mode. So I KNOW
the MII bus is operational and working correctly.

How can I enable full MII commands? Currently it just says there are NO MII
devices available, i.e. a blank list will appear.

Is there a registration command that needs to be added to our custom board
files? More or less I have cloned the MPC8360E-MDS board files.

-Russ