[U-Boot-Users] is it possible to make the booting sequence in U-boot?

Bin xubin0712 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 5 00:17:15 CEST 2007

Hi, All,

I am trying to make two different booting methods with some booting sequence
in u-boot, like the bios in PC does. Basically I have kernel Image 1 in NAND
and File system 1 on hard drive, kernel image 2 and File system 2 also on
the same NAND Flash. The goal here is try to boot the system from Image 1
and file system 1 first, and if the hard drive fails, the bootloader
(u-boot) will try to boot from Image 2 and File system 2 *automatically*. My
question is, is it possible to achieve this in uboot? If so, any hints?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Bin