[U-Boot-Users] Booting Nucleus OS using Uboot

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD plagnioj at jcrosoft.com
Fri Oct 5 00:40:44 CEST 2007

Le 5/10/07 0:10, « Shiju Mathew » <mshiju at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hello,
> I am tryng to boot Nucleus OS using uboot. I tried the raw binary and
> elf image format , but could not boot the OS. I could boot the OS using
> the RVI debugger. To boot the binary image I just load the image to a
> RAM address and called the "go" command. For elf I used bootelf command.
> Has anyone have tried to load  Nucleus though U-boot?

You Just need to create a U-Boot Image with mkimage and specify your load
address and the entry point.

If you use tftpboot to load your image as follow
tftpboot 0xA0000000 /tftpboot/image
And to boot go 0xA00000020

Your load address is 0xA0000000
Ans your entry point is 0xA00000020

 tools/mkimage -A your-arch -c none -T firmware -a 0xA0000000 -e 0xA00000020
-d image image.bin