[U-Boot-Users] USB OHCI issue

Matthias Fuchs matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com
Sat Oct 13 19:03:21 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,

I am currently playing around with U-Boot's (PCI) OHCI driver
on a 405 board. U-Boot's USB stuff is running fine on this board. I can
read files from an USB stick without any problems.

But when I start Linux with a (rather old) 2.4.21 kernel, the still connected USB
stick is not detected as storage device. I have two ways to get USB working
under this Linux kernel:

a) I do not start the USB subsystem at the U-Boot prompt ('usb start')
b) I disconnect and reconnect the USB stick when Linux is running.

Both options are not really what I want.
Calling 'usb stop' before booting Linux does not help.

I am not sure if this is a Linux or U-Boot issue. Perhaps a newer kernel does not
show this issue, but upgrading is currently not an option:-)

Can anybody verify this behavior with other 2.4.x kernels?

Regards
Matthias