[U-Boot-Users] U-boot 1.2.0 JFFS2, and NAND flash

Dan Batryn DBatryn at shoretel.com
Mon Oct 15 18:28:14 CEST 2007

	I am experiencing similar delays using an AMCC 440EP PowerPC and
trying to boot Linux from the NAND flash via JFFS2.  I initially had 16
MB partition devoted to booting the Linux kernel and found that he JFFS2
scan time took several minutes.  Turning ON CFG_JFFS2_SORT_FRAGMENTS
made matters even worse.  I finally reduced the partition size dedicated
to the Linux kernel down to 5 MB and the JFFS2 scan time is now ONLY 30
sec.  Does anyone have any experience using YAFFS in a UBOOT
environment?  I have heard that the YAFFS file system does not suffer
the long scan times of JFFS2.  Can anyone confirm this rumor?

Daniel Batryn
Shoretel Inc.
960 Stewart
Sunnyvale, CA  94085