[U-Boot-Users] libfdt release?

Wolfgang Grandegger wg at grandegger.com
Mon Oct 15 21:21:54 CEST 2007

Kumar Gala wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Can you tell me where we stand on changes/additions to libfdt vs u-
> boot.  I'd really like to see an updated libfdt imported into u-boot
> for the next window and am happy to work on the u-boot modifications
> as long as I understand what exactly they are.
>
> Having fdt_get_name() and fdt_get_path() will be really useful for
> some fixup of device node code I've got and will allow us to drop the
> hard coded/explicit PATHs to nodes from <config.h>.
>
> I'd rather see us take a clean libfdt drop rather than pulling in
> bits and pieces.

Yes, that would be nice but the libfdt for U-Boot may still need to be
extended, especially for dynamic configuration. Therefore I would
appreciate a discussion on what else we need for that purpose and how we
handle (separate) common and extended libfdt functions for U-Boot. For
the dynamic configuration, I'm clearly in favor of function names
similar to the one commonly used in Linux (with the prefix fdt:):

   of_find_node_by_path
   of_find_node_by_type
   of_find_node_by_phandle
   of_find_compatible_node