[U-Boot-Users] Ethernet MAC Addr Setting problem

tomy tomy at kalkitech.in
Tue Oct 16 06:52:25 CEST 2007

hi ,
        I am using U-boot as my boot loader for Linux. I had set the Mac address of eth0 as an environmental variable in U-boot. My problem is if the Ethernet cable is in disconnected during boot up, then Mac address is not setting up (Means it is 00:00:00:00:00:00).If it is connected during boot up then the Mac address is correctly set. If the cable is disconnected the boot loader showing an error message like "No link MAC: error during RMII initialization". So what will be reason for this and how it can be solved

With Regards,
Tomy Devasia