[U-Boot-Users] MC5282Lite evaluation board - running from external flash

Erez Koelewyn ekoelewyn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 18:12:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

I think there is an issue when trying to run U-Boot from flash on this board.
So far I was only able to boot U-Boot when I load in to the cpu's
internal flash (I need to change the TEXT_BASE value to match that of
the internal flash base).

When I burn the U-Boot image to external flash and run it I can see
that immediately after setting the chip selects in function cpu_init_f
(in /cpu/mcf52x2/cpu_init.c under the #if defined(CONFIG_M5282)
block), since the program counter still points to an address that is
now suddenly in RAM (since we set the external flash base address to
0xffe00000) we cannot go on (there is no code there).

Did anyone else see this problem? Was it addressed?

Thanks & regards,

Erez