[U-Boot-Users] include/flash.h: Entries for Spansion S29JL064H flash?

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Thu Oct 18 16:00:43 CEST 2007

Hi Joseph,

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to U-Boot.
> [Yes... I have been reading the documentation, albeit slowly. There is
> much to learn.]
>
> I need to modify include/flash.h to support Spansion S29JL064H flash
> memory
>
>         http://www.spansion.com/products/S29JL064H.html
>

> A search through previous postings to this list did not reveal
> appropriate values for
>
>         * Device ID
>
>         * Internal FLASH identification code
>
> [Do I need one or the other or both?]

This chip is CFI compliant. CFI stands for 'Common Flash Interface', and
means that software can learn the chip's topology via a standard query
method. In short, you shouldn't need to do anything with flash.h, all
you need to do is specify in your board's /include/configs/*.h file that
your board uses CFI. Lots of other boards use it, so look through the
source to figure out the exact syntax.

regards,
Ben