[U-Boot-Users] Problem with serial port

rameah nathan rameshnathan007 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 16:35:56 CEST 2007

Hi all,

    I have configured u-boot (U-boot-1.1.6) for my new board MPC8560ADS as
per the guidelines provided in the README file.I am very new to the
bootloader.I made changes only in the include/configs/MPC8560ADS.h file as
given by u-boot manual like (memory map of flash,DDR,Rapid i/0,pci) and
baurdrate.I have attached my MPC8560ADS.h file for reference.

After flashing my u-boot in to the flash,there is no output from the
minicom .I have check baurdrate and other settings.

When i try to debug u-boot using BDI-2001 it get struck in the file
serial_ssc.c file in the function
serial_putc
and Program counter strucks at this place without futher increment
afte single stepping.
 I am using SCC1 for console.

can anyone tell me what could me the problem.And how to proceed futher from
here.

Regards
Ramesh.K.V