[U-Boot-Users] Problem with serial port

Markus Klotzbücher mk at denx.de
Thu Oct 18 16:56:19 CEST 2007

Dear Ramesh,

"rameah nathan" <rameshnathan007 at gmail.com> writes:

>     I have configured u-boot (U-boot-1.1.6) for my new board MPC8560ADS as
> per the guidelines provided in the README file.I am very new to the

Please first of all update to the top of tree git version of
U-Boot. Debugging old versions is considered a waste of time.

> bootloader.I made changes only in the include/configs/MPC8560ADS.h file as
> given by u-boot manual like (memory map of flash,DDR,Rapid i/0,pci) and
> baurdrate.I have attached my MPC8560ADS.h file for reference.
>
> After flashing my u-boot in to the flash,there is no output from the
> minicom .I have check baurdrate and other settings.

We usually recommend using kermit instead of minicom, which has caused
trouble before. Configuring it is easy:

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/SystemSetup#Section_4.3.

> When i try to debug u-boot using BDI-2001 it get struck in the file
> serial_ssc.c file in the function
> serial_putc
> and Program counter strucks at this place without futher increment
> afte single stepping.
>  I am using SCC1 for console.
>
> can anyone tell me what could me the problem.And how to proceed futher from
> here.

Please update your U-Boot first of all. If your problem persists, let us
know.

Best regards

Markus Klotzbuecher

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de