[U-Boot-Users] download the u-boot.bin to flash ...but when power on ...nothing promted out

xbc_5419 xbc_5419 at 163.com
Mon Oct 22 16:31:39 CEST 2007

hi,guys...

i am new to the u-boot....and wanna to port the u-boot.1.2.0....to a board based on at91rm9200,

i had a compiled u-boot.bin...but when i downloaded it to the flash....reboot...nothing promt out

i modified according the at91rm9200dk....

what does boot.bin and loader.bin work for? Do I have to have these two file?

1.Add a new configuration option for my board to the toplevel "Makefile" and to the "MAKEALL" script
2.Create a new directory to hold the specific code. Add any files you need. In your board directory, you will need at least the "Makefile", a "<board>.c", "flash.c" and "u-boot.lds".
3.Create a new configuration file "include/configs/<board>.h" for my board...
4. Run "make <board>_config" with your new name.
5.make

everything is all right except not message promted out.

thanks

Jack Xu
2007-10-22