[U-Boot-Users] An old question, but still have no idea about how to deal with

Franklin franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Wed Oct 24 12:56:45 CEST 2007

Hi list,

Now I'm building u-boot 1.1.4 on arm platform, using gcc-4.1.1 with eabi.

When linking uboot it gave me the following error:

/opt/arm/target/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.1.1/libgcc.a(_dvmd_lnx.o): In
function `__div0':
../../gcc-4.1.1/gcc/config/arm/lib1funcs.asm:1000: undefined reference to
`raise'
make: *** [u-boot] Error 1

I tried to search on internet and found that this is an old problem.  However,
someone said that this is an uboot's bug, while others said that this is the
toolchain's problem.  Some guys suggested that we could add a tiny function.

However, when I tried to add the following code into u-boot:

int raise(int signal)
{
	return 0;
}

I put it into common/raise.c (created by myself)

but I got this error:
raise.c:3: error:expected 「)」 before 「(」 token

Could anyone please give me some hints about how to deal with it?  If I had to
add a tiny substitude function, where should I put it?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Franklin