[U-Boot-Users] [RFC 0/2] Make board config available to build system

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Wed Sep 5 16:00:10 CEST 2007

This series extracts the u-boot configuration from the config header files
and makes it usable by the build system.  The obvious application for this
is to allow conditional compiliation of files without wrapping every file
with a large #if defined() block (which results in shorter build times).

This is another step towards using a kconfig style build system.  This step
just enables make and gcc to have the same configuration data.  Next step
I think is to allow boards to supply a Kconfig style config file instead
of a header file (and in this case, do the opposite of this patch; generate
the header file based on the .config file).  Until all boards are ported
over, both methods can be supported based on what kind of config file
(either .h or .config) is present.

Word of warning: I've most certainly broken stuff in this version.  If
there is suppport for this direction, then I'll make sure I get it
sorted out for real.

Cheers,
g.

--