[U-Boot-Users] fdt command: can't set a value-less property

Bartlomiej Sieka tur at semihalf.com
Thu Sep 6 15:44:31 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm playing with the fdt command in recent (60174746) U-Boot and I can't
set a property that does not have a value.
Documentation/powerpc/booting-without-of.txt" says "A property can have
a value or not.", and fdt help suggests the same:

However, I am getting:

=> fdt mknode / testnode
=> fdt list /testnode
testnode {
};
=> fdt set /testnode testprop
Usage:
fdt     - flattened device tree utility commands

=> fdt list /testnode
testnode {
};

Setting a property with value works:

=> fdt set /testnode testprop "testvalue"
=> fdt list /testnode
testnode {
         testprop=""testvalue"";
};

Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug?

Regards,
Bartlomiej