[U-Boot-Users] any suggestions to download kernel image through USB?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Sep 8 01:42:26 CEST 2007

In message <BAY124-W122FF9B0F6B56B1C1979C4A3C50 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> I am a new comer to this mailing list. Currently I am working on TI Davinci
>  DVEVM board. Now I am very interested in Uboot stuff and curious if I can
> download the kernel image through usb.
> I spend some time going through the old mailing list and found many useful
> suggestions, however, I did not find very detail instructions or tutorials,
>  so I am wondering if anyone can give me some detail suggestions how to wor
> k with it?

Obviously this depends on which sort of USB support you have on your
system.

If you have support for mass storage devices working, you can read the
kernel image from a mass storage device - either from a raw partition
or from a file system.

If you have USB serial support working, you can use the standard
commands for serial download like "loadb".

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The complexity of software is an essential property, not an  acciden-
tal  one. Hence, descriptions of a software entity that abstract away
its complexity often abstract away its essence.    - Fred Brooks, Jr.