[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-1.3.0-rc1 released

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Sep 11 17:51:16 CEST 2007

On 9/11/07, Michal Simek <Monstr at seznam.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >Actually, I promised to review them, but they need to be posted to the
> >list first in proper patch format (which is the process.  Patches need
> >to be readable 'inline' so that reviewers can hit 'reply' and start
> >commenting on the changes.  It is not fair to ask reviews to download
> >a tarball and cut/paste the pieces to review into an email.
>
> Yes you are right in first set of patches I compressed patches and sent them in attachement.
> I was sorry for that.
>
> August 30. I sent patches in proper form. Can you review these?
> If the patches are demaged I will send you patches again.

Sorry about that, I missed your posting.  I've read through all your
patches.  The EMAC and EMACLITE stuff looks pretty good.  Biggest
issue is that the config macros need to be prefixed with CONFIG_
before they are merged (this will probably become doubly important in
the next merge window)

I've got real concerns about the ROMFS stuff.  I don't like the
approach of overloading the JFFS2 code to add new filesystems, and I
really don't like that it's compiled in unconditionally.  Looks like
it's time to define a proper set of filesystem hooks.

Cheers,
g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.