[U-Boot-Users] Booting with attached BDI but not alone (onlyICTRL remained in BDI cfg)

DI BACCO ANTONIO - technolabs Antonio.DiBacco at technolabs.it
Tue Sep 11 18:16:15 CEST 2007

> Now I don't understand what could be the problem. Should I set SPR 158
> from within u-boot to 0x00000007?

I saw that ICTRL is set in cpu/mpc8xx/start.S

Then I suppose BDI is doing other settings. But what?

This is my BDI cfg file (I removed all stuff except ICTRL):

; bdi configuration file for Adder/875
; ----------------------------------------------
;
[INIT]
; init core register

WSPR    158             0x00000007      ;ICTRL: not serialized, no show
cycles

[TARGET]
BDIMODE     AGENT       	;the BDI working mode (LOADONLY | AGENT)
BREAKMODE   HARD        	;SOFT or HARD, HARD uses PPC hardware
breakpoints

[HOST]
PROMPT	adder875>
IP	10.10.0.101
FILE	u-boot.bin
FORMAT	BIN
LOAD	MANUAL

[FLASH]
CHIPTYPE    AM29BX16    ; Flash type (AM29F | AM29BX8 | AM29BX16 |
I28BX8 | I28BX16)
CHIPSIZE    0x800000    ;   8 Meg The size of one flash chip in bytes
(e.g. AM29F010 = 0x20000)
BUSWIDTH    16          ;   The width of the flash memory bus in bits (8
| 16 | 32
ERASE	    0xF8000000	; FLASH sector #0
ERASE	    0xF8010000	; FLASH sector #1
ERASE	    0xF8020000	; FLASH sector #2