[U-Boot-Users] R: Booting with attached BDI but not alone (onlyICTRL remained in BDI cfg)

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Wed Sep 12 22:09:36 CEST 2007

DI BACCO ANTONIO - technolabs wrote:
>  > Is there any chance that the board is broken? I think I connected a
> wiggler to the BDM port in the > wrong position for only a while. But
> why should it boot with attached BDI if is it broken?
>
> I discovered that when the board is powered on, if I try to connect BDI
> connector trying to touch only pin 1 and 2 (vfls0 and sreset) the board
> starts. I suspect that bdi pulls up the sreset in some way.

The JTAG/COP header *should* have the appropriate
pull-ups for HRESET#, and SRESET# *on the board*.
These are open-drain signals.

However, there could be a mistake on your board,
and perhaps the BDI2000 has weak pull-ups on the
BDI 'just in case' the pull-ups are missing on
the target.

Check your board schematic.

Dave