[U-Boot-Users] Intel Flash CFI initialisation failure

Miroslaw Dach miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Thu Sep 13 15:45:02 CEST 2007

Hi Jerry,

> Trying to understand, are you saying your hardware has the CFI flash
> hooked up 16 bits wide on 32 bit boundaries (every 32 bit word has 16
> bits of garbage and 16 bits of CFI flash data)?

I use Intel Flash CFI compliant and it has two modes of operation x8/x16.
The hardware is configured to operate in x16 mode so it means that under
each address there are 16 bits. In u-boot it seems to be only 8 bits
visible/visible.

Best Regards

Mirek

          Miroslaw Dach (Miroslaw.Dach at psi.ch) - SLS/Controls Group
                PSI - Paul Scherrer Institut CH-5232 Villigen