[U-Boot-Users] Intel Flash CFI initialisation failure

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Thu Sep 13 18:13:24 CEST 2007

Hi Mirek,

> Unfortunately I did not solve completely the problem which I had
> with the Flash memory. It seems to be that in u-boot there is a problem
> with 16 bits long data access.
>
> My memory has the size of 64 Mbits. In my configuration it should be
> accessed in x16 bits mode so it means that under each memory location
> there are 16 bits. In u-boot it seems to be that all is seen in bytes and
> under one memory location there is seen only one byte instead of two.
>
> Is it somehow possible to change that by some define statements?

Perhaps the board has LA[n:31] connected to the address bus
of the Flash rather than the correct LA[n:30] signals.

If so, its a hardware error, and there is not much you can
do. Even if the chip has a BYTE# pin you can change modes
with, a 16-bit Flash usually has a DQ15/A-1 pin that LA[31]
would then connect to.

Just a thought ...

Cheers,
Dave