[U-Boot-Users] R: Booting with attached BDI butnot alone (onlyICTRL remained in BDI cfg)

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Thu Sep 13 16:24:53 CEST 2007

Andreas Schweigstill wrote:
> Hello!
>
> DI BACCO ANTONIO - technolabs schrieb:
>> Thank you for your suggestions but my board is an evaluation board named
>> adder875.
>
> Many development boards do not have a quality which would be
> acceptable for industrial or even consumer products... Forgotten
> pull-up and series resistors or capacitors are quite common.
>
> Keep in mind that many of those boards have been designed before
> the processor chip has been available. And marketing/sales departments
> force development to release such a board to customers long before it
> has been tested.
>
> I have never seen a development board from a semiconductor manufacturer
> which doesn't contains any bugs.
>
> With best regards
> Andreas Schweigstill

You trimmed the critical sentence "It worked and ***after connecting a
wiggler with the connector upside down*** exibihts this strange behaviour."

Sounds like his board was damaged by operator error (improperly
connecting to the BDI connector).  My guess is that the pullup resistor
lost its smoke.

gvb