[U-Boot-Users] Reset issue on mpc85xx

urwithsughosh at gmail.com urwithsughosh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 20:54:31 CEST 2007

Hello,
    I am working on a custom board having mpc8560 and mpc8540. On
    porting the v1.3.0-rc1 u-boot, i get a peculiar issue. The board
    does not reset on giving the 'reset' command. This is observed
    only on the release candidate version of u-boot. I've also ported
    the 1.2.0 release and there it works fine.

    I tried debugging the issue by putting some debug statements, in
    the board.c file after the init_sequence, and what i observe is
    that the msr register is getting cleared. But the 1.2.0 version
    shows the correct value, i.e 0x1200 which is programmed in the
    start.S. After setting the MSR[DE] bit in the do_reset function
    along with the DBCR0 register settings, the board resets correctly.

    Am i missing something. Please throw some light on it.

--
sughosh