[U-Boot-Users] Reset issue on mpc85xx

urwithsughosh at gmail.com urwithsughosh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 03:08:16 CEST 2007

On Fri Sep 14, 2007 at 02:54:31PM -0400, urwithsughosh at gmail.com wrote:

> I am working on a custom board having mpc8560 and mpc8540. On
> porting the v1.3.0-rc1 u-boot, i get a peculiar issue. The board
> does not reset on giving the 'reset' command.

  I think the issue lies in the start.S file. The MSR is getting
  cleared before jumping out of the last 4k page to _start_cont, where
  SRR1 (which is 0x0) gets written to the MSR.

  Earlier the initialisation of the MSR was done in _start, which was
  after the jump out of the last 4k page. Now the MSR value gets
  overwritten on jumping out of the last page.

  Is there any specific reason as to why the MSR initialisation is
  moved in the last 4k page.

--
sughosh