[U-Boot-Users] Ethernet port

urwithsughosh at gmail.com urwithsughosh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 00:48:45 CEST 2007

 Hello,

On Tue Sep 18, 2007 at 05:49:44PM +0530, Yasothabalan Ramaswamy-TLS,Chennai wrote:

> So we can set two Ethernet addresses.

  Forgot to mention one thing in the previous mail though. It is not
  recommended to configure the mac addresses, using this method. If
  you flash the same u-boot image on multiple boards (which you most
  probably will), the ethernet controllers on all the boards will end
  up having the same mac addresses, which is something you don't
  want. You can configure the mac addresses through the environment
  settings, for each board. Check this,

  http://www.nabble.com/Changing-ethaddr-tf4192505.html#a11927308

> How can I set two different IP addresses for these two ports?
> [Two different IPs
> Two different GATEWAYs
> Two different SERVERIPs]

  I'm not sure what you want to do, but AFAIK, you have a single
  ethernet controller which is active, set by the 'ethact' env
  variable. This is used to send/receive the traffic. So i'm not sure
  why you require multiple ip/gateways and serverip's to be set.

--
sughosh