[U-Boot-Users] Ethernet port

Ramasamy C c.ramasamy at gdatech.co.in
Tue Sep 18 16:17:33 CEST 2007

> Here in my board I have two Ethernet ports;
> So now I have to set two different IP addresses for these ports.
>
> As when the U-Boot prompt comes up we can set the IP address as,
>
> => set ipaddr 10.128.19.1
> => set ethaddr aa:bb:cc:ee:ff:gg
>
> So above setting is valid only for single Ethernet port.

Yes.

> My doubt how to set IP address for another Ethernet port or what is the
> method to do that?

Presently U-Boot supports only one active Ethernet configuration at a
time. In case if you wish to use multiple ethernet ports with same or
different IP/MAC addresses, it is _not_ possible. In case if you wish to
test other ethernet ports, this can be done by changing the 'ethact'
value. Though this cannot be done simultaneously.

Ramasamy C
--
"Thought Ought not be Caught or Bought to be Faught till Nought." -
Philosophical Nights