[U-Boot-Users] Ethernet port

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 18 21:13:08 CEST 2007

In message <62316.202.144.30.226.1190125053.squirrel at mail.gdatech.co.in> you wrote:

> Presently U-Boot supports only one active Ethernet configuration at a
> time. In case if you wish to use multiple ethernet ports with same or
> different IP/MAC addresses, it is _not_ possible. In case if you wish to

Of course it is possible.

If you use DHCP/BOOTP to assign the addresses it's working out of the
box because the server will provide IP config settings depending on
your MAC address.

If you use fixed configurations with manual swithing of the
interfaces, the you can also manualy redefine the network config
variables.

With automatic switching, you have to extend the code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a  member  of
Congress. But I repeat myself.                           - Mark Twain