[U-Boot-Users] isp116x-hcd and usb_storage

Markus Klotzbücher mk at denx.de
Wed Sep 19 10:17:13 CEST 2007

tike64 <tike64 at yahoo.com> writes:

> --- Markus Klotzbücher wrote:
>> Have you got an idea why this delay is needed? The correct way would
>> be to figure this out and send a patch and explanation to the list.
>
> That's the problem; I have no idea. To debug this out, I will need help
> from someone who knows usb a lot better than me.
>
> Clearly the delay is now at a wrong place. It most propably should be
> in isp116x-hcd.c. But as I don't know too much about usb or scsi

I agree (although it wouldn't be the first first delay in usb_storage,
would it). Maybe Rodolfo, who ported this driver has an idea where to
start looking?

> We run linux on that same board and there the usb works fine.

The problem really is that U-Boots USB is pretty old (derived somewhere
from Linux 2.2) and that many bugs we are encountering these days have
been fixed long ago in the kernel. So I guess what's eventually going to
happen is that a new shiny Linux USB Stack will be ported to U-Boot. But
until this happens we'll have to continue with and contiue fixing bugs
in the old one. It's kind of messy, and I'm trying not to make things
worse.

Best regards

Markus Klotzbücher

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de