[U-Boot-Users] isp116x-hcd and usb_storage

tike64 tike64 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 13:51:04 CEST 2007

--- Markus Klotzbücher wrote:
> tike64 writes:
> > Clearly the delay is now at a wrong place. It most propably should
> > be in isp116x-hcd.c. But as I don't know too much about usb or scsi
>
> I agree (although it wouldn't be the first first delay in
> usb_storage, would it). Maybe Rodolfo, who ported this driver has an
> idea where to start looking?

Hopefully Rodolfo is reading this list...

I have made a little progress. I think the delay was needed because the
stick simply needed more time. In certain occasions the stick NAKed
(PTD remained active) the transactions so long that isp116x_submit_job
returned an error. There was 10 retries and I increased it to 500 (in
effect 500ms timeout) and now it seems to work much better.

At least one problem remains, though. I have tested it with a 165KB
file and one out of about five fatloads fails. Completion codes of the
first failed PTDs are 6 (PIDCheckFailure), 5 (DeviceNotResponding) and
then always 0xf (propably device NAKing). After 'usb reset' it works
again for a while.

Now I don't understand how transactions can fail with 6 or 5
occasionally. Are sticks known to be unreliable or should I suspect my
hardware? What should be done after that kind of failure?

--

Timo