[U-Boot-Users] isp116x-hcd and usb_storage

Markus Klotzbücher mk at denx.de
Thu Sep 20 14:59:59 CEST 2007

Dear Timo,

tike64 <tike64 at yahoo.com> writes:

> I have made a little progress. I think the delay was needed because the
> stick simply needed more time. In certain occasions the stick NAKed
> (PTD remained active) the transactions so long that isp116x_submit_job
> returned an error. There was 10 retries and I increased it to 500 (in
> effect 500ms timeout) and now it seems to work much better.

Good job!

> At least one problem remains, though. I have tested it with a 165KB
> file and one out of about five fatloads fails. Completion codes of the
> first failed PTDs are 6 (PIDCheckFailure), 5 (DeviceNotResponding) and
> then always 0xf (propably device NAKing). After 'usb reset' it works
> again for a while.
>
> Now I don't understand how transactions can fail with 6 or 5
> occasionally. Are sticks known to be unreliable or should I suspect my
> hardware? What should be done after that kind of failure?

Hard to say. Maybe it's a different timing issue, but could also be the
stick misbehaving. Yes indeed some (usually noname) sticks have failed
to work. Although you can never be sure I wouldn't suspect your hardware
if the stick is working properly under Linux.

Can you test different sticks to see if that makes any difference?

Best regards

Markus Klotzbücher

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de