[U-Boot-Users] isp116x-hcd and usb_storage

tike64 tike64 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 16:13:39 CEST 2007

--- Markus Klotzbücher wrote:
> tike64 <tike64 at yahoo.com> writes:
> > At least one problem remains, though. I have tested it with a 165KB
> > file and one out of about five fatloads fails. Completion codes of
> > the first failed PTDs are 6 (PIDCheckFailure), 5
> > (DeviceNotResponding) and then always 0xf (propably device NAKing).
> > After 'usb reset' it works again for a while.
> >
> > Now I don't understand how transactions can fail with 6 or 5
> > occasionally. Are sticks known to be unreliable or should I suspect
> > my hardware? What should be done after that kind of failure?
>
> Hard to say. Maybe it's a different timing issue, but could also be
> the stick misbehaving. Yes indeed some (usually noname) sticks have
> failed to work. Although you can never be sure I wouldn't suspect
your
> hardware if the stick is working properly under Linux.

Maybe Linux recovers gracefully somehow. The stick is Kingston.

> Can you test different sticks to see if that makes any difference?

Good idea, must dig other sticks from somewhere.

Meanwhile, I added retries also in case of those errors. I do the retry
with the remaining data of the transaction. Now it seems to pass over
the original error with a couple of retries but then fails with 8 (data
overrun) permanently ... to-be-continued-tomorrow

--

Timo

http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html