[U-Boot-Users] OT: Re: Uboot Splash Screen

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Wed Sep 19 17:58:23 CEST 2007

Hello, Roger!

Please don't top-post.

Roger Williamson schrieb:
 >       The company we got he board from has become increasingly unhelpful,
 > so I figured I'd contact the U-boot people since you are 1) bound to be
 > more helpful, 2) have to be faster than a 1 week turn around time and 3)
 > actually created this particular technology.

Thanks... my response time might be inversely proportional to the amount
of blood in my caffeine. ;-)

 >       Thank you for your advice.  I finally have the datasheet for the LCD
 > screen, so I'll be modifiying the configuration for a little while.  So it
 > looks like a clocking issue.  That seems resonable.

Check HSYNC, VSYNC and the Pixel CLK and the supply voltages if they are
within the spec. (i.e. on the small standard TTL display interfaces)
If the display controller has also a working driver on Linux' side, you
should be able to figure out the right timing parameters for your display,
too (embedded in some timing tables). Transfer that to U-Boot and see what
happens.

 >       As far as that notice goes... I didn't intentionally put that there,
 > it must be my company trying to dodge any inferred responsibilty in this
 > email, I'll try and remove it if I can.

Okay, some people propably won't help you if they care about this legal
stuff more than I do.

Regards,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices