[U-Boot-Users] Uboot Splash Screen

Roger Williamson Williamson.Roger at orbital.com
Wed Sep 19 16:55:23 CEST 2007

Clemens,

      The company we got he board from has become increasingly unhelpful,
so I figured I'd contact the U-boot people since you are 1) bound to be
more helpful, 2) have to be faster than a 1 week turn around time and 3)
actually created this particular technology.

      Thank you for your advice.  I finally have the datasheet for the LCD
screen, so I'll be modifiying the configuration for a little while.  So it
looks like a clocking issue.  That seems resonable.

      As far as that notice goes... I didn't intentionally put that there,
it must be my company trying to dodge any inferred responsibilty in this
email, I'll try and remove it if I can.

Roger Williamson
Orbital TMS -- Colombia
CE Software Engineer
(443) 259-7320

             Clemens Koller
             <clemens.koller at a
             nagramm.de>                                                To
             Sent by:                  Roger Williamson
             u-boot-users-boun         <Williamson.Roger at orbital.com>
             ces at lists.sourcef                                          cc
             orge.net                  u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [U-Boot-Users] Uboot Splash
             09/18/2007 06:19          Screen
             PM

Hi, Roger!

Roger Williamson schrieb:
> Right... The arcitecture is arm, the module is a PXA270.  The odd bit
about
> this whole mess is that the 'board' is actually a business-card sized
board
> which we plug into our main-board.  That is a CCXP270 by Digi
> International.

Did you contact them already?

>  They shipped us the development environment which included
> some version of U-boot vintage 2005.  Since this is almost certainly an
> out-of-date version of U-boot, should I update my Uboot to the most
recent
> version?

Generally yes. But that doesn't necessarily mean that this will solve your
current problem.

>>       I've run into an issue with my uboot, I want to display a bitmap
>> image when the system boots; however, all the screen does at startup is
>> fade from white to black and back until the OS boots up.

The TFT Displays I've seen fade slowly their colors and settle with
some line or block artefacts or flash when they are not clocked properly.
If you let them that way for some time (several hours) the liquid
crystal stuff gets polarized (or whatever effect that is) and the stripes
will stay forever. Check that the clocking fits to the datasheet.

> Notice:  This e-mail is intended solely for use of the individual
> [...]

Remove that crap, when posting to public lists.

Regards,
--
Clemens Koller
_______________________________

http://www.anagramm-technology.com
Phone: +49-89-741518-50
Fax: +49-89-741518-19

Notice:  This e-mail is intended solely for use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
is proprietary, privileged and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader is not the intended recipient or
agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.  This communication may also contain data subject to
U.S. export laws.  If so, that data subject to the International
Traffic in Arms Regulation cannot be disseminated, distributed or
copied to foreign nationals, residing in the U.S. or abroad, absent
the express prior approval of the U.S. Department of State.   If
sender by reply e-mail and destroy the e-mail message and any
physical copies made of the communication.  Thank you.