[U-Boot-Users] PATCH - Fix oob data copied into supplied buffer

Troy Kisky troy.kisky at boundarydevices.com
Fri Sep 21 04:15:40 CEST 2007

ksi at koi8.net wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Troy Kisky wrote:
>
> This doesn't look right to me.
>
> First chunk fixes a minor spelling error. Then I can't understand why
> introduce a new variable. Everything works fine with existing structures
> and
> it's been like this for ages, both in Linux kernel and U-Boot.

If you look at the kernel, you'll see that oobavail is set there the way I did it.
The other bug doesn't show up unless you have multiple oobfree groups. The new variable
is used when reading or writing pages that an initial program loader reads. It's purpose
is to correct pages without using a bad block table. I'll submit that code if this is approved.

Troy