[U-Boot-Users] PATCH - Fix oob data copied into supplied buffer

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 23 01:03:26 CEST 2007

In message <46F3294C.2030206 at boundarydevices.com> you wrote:

> > First chunk fixes a minor spelling error. Then I can't understand why
> > introduce a new variable. Everything works fine with existing structures
> > and
> > it's been like this for ages, both in Linux kernel and U-Boot.
> >
> If you look at the kernel, you'll see that oobavail is set there the way I did it.
> The other bug doesn't show up unless you have multiple oobfree groups. The new variable
> is used when reading or writing pages that an initial program loader reads. It's purpose
> is to correct pages without using a bad block table. I'll submit that code if this is approved.

kis's comments were legitimate.

Please add this variable only when adding code that uses it. I will
always reject patches that attempt to add unused code or variables.

Also, please describe *all* your changes.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil  with
a  blunt  ax.  It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes
instead.                                           -- Edsger Dijkstra