[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot problems with MPC8272ADS

Manil Gaouar mgaouar at solacom.com
Fri Sep 21 18:17:11 CEST 2007

Finally it worked!

My serial cable was crossed!!!! Go figure why!

With a direct flat serial everything worked fine...thx for the help...

Manil Gaouar wrote:
> When I halt the CPU in the infinite loop I can see that my PC is at
> 0x03fe88b0, if I subtract 0x3fc5000 = 0x000238b4 in flash =
> 0xfff238b4...according to u-boot.map this is the function
serial_getc()
> which seems that u-boot is running and waiting for an input, and I
still
> don't have any display on my console.
>
> I have tried both serial ports with no results. I changed the baud
rate
> also.
>
> Scott: How can you write something in the serial port with the BDI it
> looks like you have to set many registers before sending one byte
> through the serial cable?
>
> I will investigate more and let you know, I am glad that u-boot is
> running!

Jerry suggested you look at the TD/RD signals on an oscilloscope. Have
you done this yet? Much of my life has been wasted tracing this type of
stuff to incorrect terminal settings, missing null modem adaptor etc.,
and the o-scope can be very revealing. I don't think I'm alone here...

regards,
Ben