[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] u-boot migration to kconfig

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Mon Sep 24 00:13:17 CEST 2007

sön 2007-09-23 klockan 23:37 +0200 skrev Wolfgang Denk:
> In message <C31C78A0.3BD3%plagnioj at jcrosoft.com> you wrote:
> >
> >     2) About the re-organization
> >        I'd like to create a tree like following
> >     arch/arm/
> >     arch/arm/board <- the boards
>
> What's wrong with board/ ?

You get a *lot* of boards in board/
Good for computers, not for humans.
Having arch/arm/board would add some minor convenioence,
but not much so.

It would be more useful to collect all boards
using one specific chip in a single directory.
arch/arm/<chip>/board.

> >     arch/arm/boot <- where will be store the u-boot & u-boot.bin
>
> I don't see a use for this. What's wroing with having these  files  in
> the top level directory?

If you could build several boards in one tree, then
it makes sense to have it in a subdirectory,
but for once I agree with Wolfgang :-)

> >     arch/arm/config <- defconfig
>
> Please don't. Please add the default  config  files  into  the  board
> directory. That's IMHO where they logically belong.
>
> > Le 23/09/07 0:32, « Grant Likely » <grant.likely at secretlab.ca> a écrit :
> >
> > > On 9/22/07, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD <plagnioj at jcrosoft.com> wrot> e:
> And please STOP to top post / full quote. Read
> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

BR