[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] u-boot migration to kconfig

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD plagnioj at jcrosoft.com
Mon Sep 24 23:22:00 CEST 2007

Le 24/09/07 11:37, « Wolfgang Denk » <wd at denx.de> a écrit :

>>> Please don't. Please add the default  config  files  into  the  board
>>> directory. That's IMHO where they logically belong.
>>
>> It's not in the board directory, it's in the arch directory.
>>
>> As example when you specify your architecture by ARCH=arm
>> And do a make help only the sh default configuration can be accessible and
>> show.
>
> I would like to avoid having board  specific  information  scapttered
> over several files *and* directories. So far, we know that everything
> (except for a "few" #ifdef's ;-) is concentrated in board/<name>/ and
> include/configs/<name>.h
>
> This is a *very* useful setup, me thinks. [Actually  I'  rather  thae
> the <name>.h config file in the board driectpory, too, but that would
> make the Makefile (as it is currently) too complicated.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

And the idea is not to have "specific information scapttered file *and*
directories" but to organize board by arch and regroup specific information
in a same tree.

I think that a proof of concept may be more representative than speech, I
propose you an example of reorganization that could be with my proposition.
So I put publish git repository where I can show you it even if its not
finished : http://uboot.jcrosoft.org/git

Best Regards.