[U-Boot-Users] Please pull u-boot-mpc83xx.git mpc83xx branch into testing

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 24 23:52:29 CEST 2007

In message <20070924161309.9f14b16e.kim.phillips at freescale.com> you wrote:

> > There is no merge window open at the moment.
> >
> ok, let me understand how you want this to work.
>
> my original intent was for you to pull 837x support into your /testing/
> tree so that gcl's mass-rename scripts could do their magic on the 837x
> board port too.

No, that will not work. You would move Grant's base under his feet.

> but it sounds like you want me to hold on to new 83xx boards/features
> until you make a final (non-rc) release?  Sounds like I should be
> asking gcl to share his scripts then.

No again. Please just wait until we have a somehwat  stable  base  in
testing,  and Grant has applied his patches there. Then use *this* as
base for any new submissions, which you then should post in the merge
window.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Morality is one thing.  Ratings are everything."
- A Network 23 executive on "Max Headroom"