[U-Boot-Users] Please pull u-boot-mpc83xx.git mpc83xx branch into testing

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Mon Sep 24 23:46:12 CEST 2007

On 9/24/07, Kim Phillips <kim.phillips at freescale.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:39:22 +0200
> Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
>
> > In message <20070924151901.61717d5d.kim.phillips at freescale.com> you wrote:
> > >
> > > Please pull the mpc83xx branch into your testing tree:
> > >
> > > git pull git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-mpc83xx.git mpc83xx
> >
> > Sorry, but no.
> >
> > There is no merge window open at the moment.
> >
> ok, let me understand how you want this to work.
>
> my original intent was for you to pull 837x support into your /testing/
> tree so that gcl's mass-rename scripts could do their magic on the 837x
> board port too.
>
> but it sounds like you want me to hold on to new 83xx boards/features
> until you make a final (non-rc) release?  Sounds like I should be
> asking gcl to share his scripts then.

I'll definitely share my scripts once I've got the working.  :-)  As
it stands right now, I might have to back off some of the mass renames
for the next merge window.  It's a complex job, and I want to be
absolutely sure that I do it in a safe way.

Regardless, I'll be posting my changes to the list for comments
*before* I ask Wolfgang to merge them into testing.

Cheers,
g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.