[U-Boot-Users] Pointer to similar board?

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Thu Apr 3 17:28:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

PatM wrote on Thursday, April 03, 2008 5:01 PM:
> Oops, you caught me 8) Its the CS8900, not built in.
>
> When I compile the kernel as a zImage (changing mach_types entry for
> SMDK2410 to my unit's ID) it has no problem talking to the serial port
> at ttySAC0. Using the SMDK2410 for u-boot I get no serial port
> activity at all, not even the LED that indicates the target's serial
> ports are in use.
>
> I changed the boot delay in configs/smdk2410.h to -1 to make sure I
> could get the right port (swapping the cable around in case it wasn't
> uart 0 being used. I also tried 60 delay. Still nothing.

You should see some U-Boot boot messegas reagardles what boot delay
you configured. Maybe your clock configuration is wrong (wrong baudrate).
Or the SMDK2410 uses another serial interface as console as your board?
Or the SDRAM configuration is not suitable for your board. Or, ... there
are many things that could go wrong. Unfortunately thers is no quick
way to port U-Boot to a new hardware (see the "U-Boot Porting Guide"
section in the README in the U-Boot source tree:
http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=README;h=5cbe7c1e80daabeee8c43247db7041b999919025;hb=HEAD :-)

> Perhaps I'm expecting the wrong result from u-boot? Is the SMDK2410
> default config supposed to give a prompt at all or go straight to DHCP
> et. al?

It was some time ago, I last used the SMDK2410. But I'm pretty sure,
that it prints some boot messages. You should see this messages regardles
if you boot from flash, ethernet, or whatever.

Please keep the list on cc.

Regards,
Martin