[U-Boot-Users] Linux kernel startup

Tiju tj_jac at yahoo.co.in
Mon Apr 7 15:30:29 CEST 2008

Hi Jerry,

>This is indicating you have major link / memory map / coding issue(s).
>vmlinux should be around 1MB, not 25MB!  linux.bin should be around the
>same size as vmlinux.  Having linux.bin grow to be 3GB indicates it has
>major holes in it that objdump is filling with "fill" values.

I will look into the kernel sections and try to figure it out. It maybe the problem with my compiler.

But my other major problem is that, what ever be the size of the kernel, it gives me a "Bad Data CRC". I tried with prebuild images from the openmoko (which are working images on openmoko 1.5MB) and still it shows me the same error. We have almost the same architecture as theirs.

Does this have to do anything with the u-boot or some other issue?

Thank You,
Tiju.

      Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/