[U-Boot-Users] Uboot (AT91 tree) macb in MII mode

Stelian Pop stelian at popies.net
Mon Apr 14 13:28:23 CEST 2008

Le lundi 14 avril 2008 à 11:52 +0200, Sander Vermin a écrit :

> > The official toolchain for U-Boot is the DENX ELDK:
> > http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/ELDK . I don't really think this is your
> > issue, but when nothing works it may make sense to put yourself in a
> > well known configuration.
> >

> Is there some pre compiled  arm version?

ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/eldk/4.1/arm-linux-x86/iso

ARM support in latest ELDK (4.2) seems to lag a bit ...

> >> Olimex has indeed, but that is a old version of uboot, the old ETHER
> >> driver and not the new. I inspected the initialization code on the ARM
> >> side, that was the same. The rest of te code is completely different, so
> >> spotting differences is difficult.
> >>

> > Ah, I understand. However, there must be a difference somewhere. I'm not
> > sure about this board, but on the SAM boards a software reset has to be
> > performed once the PHY address is configured to activate the PHY (look
> > into at91sam9260.c). Maybe your board needs something equivalent ?
> >

> Currently I am using the at91sam9260ek config with the options above edited.

This means that you're doing the soft-reset sequence I told you above
(in boards/atmel/at91sam9260ek/at91sam9260ek.c). Maybe your board
doesn't need this, try commenting out the relevant code in
at91sam9260ek_macb_hw_init() (keep only the gpio set_A/B_periph().

--
Stelian Pop <stelian at popies.net>