[U-Boot-Users] questions about stand alone application - flash a LED

Casainho casainho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 10:33:55 CEST 2008

Hello :-)

I am looking for an example code for a Flash LED, for a stand alone
application. I did read the examples like "hello world" and the
/doc/standalone.

I would like to know If I can build a stand alone application without
build the u-boot -- I would appreciate if someone point me to a
tutorial, I just find examples for load Linux...

I am a newbie in 32 bits world. I am trying to port Rockbox*, the Free
Software firmware for audio DAPs like IPods, Sansas, etc., for a
Free/Open hardware, the Rockbox Player**.

I need to use u-boot to launch that firmware, first I would like to
start doing a flash led application. I did build u-boot, using the
sources that came with the dev. board I am using, with success however
the firmware I want to build don't build with arm-linux-gcc, just with
arm-elf-gcc.

I appreciate any suggestions, any guidance. Thank you.

Jorge Pinto,

http://www.casainho.net

* http://www.rockbox.org/
** http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RockboxPlayer