[U-Boot-Users] PQIII-8548: Problems in DDR2 configuration

Tal Omer tal.omer.17 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 12:59:28 CEST 2008

Hi

I have PQIII-8548 problems in DDR2 configuration.
And look for leads. Help will be welcomed.

Details below - Thanks in advance.
     ++Tal
1. Board is propeitery board
2. CPU: 8548 (e500 core, v2)
3. SDRAM is DDR2 (not DIMM)
4. DDR is working while using REG file (with JTAG loader).
5. DDR is *not*, working uboot.
6. Burn/Access FLASH is OK
    L2-SRAM access is OK
    TLB/LAW - triple check - OK

 Few trials so far:
1. using the "spd_sdram" to load the parameters,
    while removing the "CFG_READ_SPD" and taking the parameters from teh REG
file,
    we get the WRITE ok, and the READ not
    (using SCOPE to view the signals)
2. In all cases:
    The D_INIT set in "sdram_cfg_2" *do not* fill the DRAM with
    the known value of "sdram_data_init".

    Rather, after the DRAM is enabled, and we set D_INIT once again.
    It fills the DRAM with the known value of "sdram_data_init".