[U-Boot-Users] Want to add command in uboot

Aras Vaichas arasv at magtech.com.au
Fri Apr 18 03:42:23 CEST 2008

Avinash Vijayvergia wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am working on AT91SAM9260. I want to add one command "COM1 xxx" to
> the uboot command set. After typing this command on uboot prompt the
> string xxx should be transmitted out of COM1 and any reception on COM1
> should be displayed on the debug terminal. Can some one suggest me how
> to do this?

AT91SAM9260 has no "COM1", this is a PC term.

Have you looked at the source code?

Have you read the documentation that comes with U-Boot? There is a whole
directory full of useful information in ./doc

e.g. doc/README.commands

This file tells you about how to add your command. Also look at how all
the other commands are done.

Then look in the ./common directory. There is a file called serial.c.
Maybe this file contains function calls for the serial port?

Then take a look at the ./board/... files and see how other people
send/receive data via the serial port.

Aras