[U-Boot-Users] Want to add command in uboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 18 07:41:27 CEST 2008

In message <895609.34146.qm at web39508.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I am working on AT91SAM9260. I want to add one command "COM1 xxx" to the uboot command set. After typing this command on uboot prompt the string xxx should be transmitted out of COM1 and any reception on COM1 should be displayed on the debug terminal. C
> an some one suggest me how to do this?

I recommend to get a better understanding of the existing U-Boot code
first. Then you will see that no such command is needed. Support for
multiple serial devices is already present.You just have to enable
this correctly in your configuration. To switch I/O channels, a simple
"setenv" command will be sufficient.

> --0-479714745-1208472486=:34146

Please never post HTML here!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Speed of a tortoise breaking the sound barrier         = 1 Machturtle