[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] Implementing Boot Image Fallback on U-Boot

Makito SHIOKAWA mshiokawa at miraclelinux.com
Thu Apr 24 14:42:15 CEST 2008

> You might want to have a look an the new image format introduced
> recently. It allows you to have multiple kernels (and ramdisks, and
> other types of images) in one image file, and access these components in
> elegant way. Have a look in doc/uImage.FIT/. In particular,
> doc/uImage.FIT/command_syntax_extensions.txt describes new syntax that
> you might find useful.

I've read it but I'm afraid it's bit different from Boot Image Fallback.

Boot Image Fallback decides image to boot according to a order of images to
boot and depending on previous boot has succeeded or not. So, this kind of
mechanism is still needed.

 >> * default
 >>
 >> It holds default entry that "bootmf" tries to boot on default.
 >
 > Please check the "default booting configuration" feature of the new
 > image format, seems like it might be what you're looking for.

Also, on Boot Image Fallback, "default" changes dynamically but "default
booting configuration" is embedded in ".its" and it's static.

Anyway thank you. By the way, is it able to define "bootargs" for each image
entry on ".its"?

Regards,

--
  * MIRACLE LINUX CORPORATION    *