[U-Boot-Users] Newbie in U-Boot, Some Queries

raajesh.n at indiatimes.com raajesh.n at indiatimes.com
Mon Apr 28 08:37:19 CEST 2008

HI ,

I am newbie to U-Boot, I have a customized  board with u-boot with it, I have seen through top level makefile of  U-Boot.Below stated is what I have observed from makefile.

 1. First initialization of processor (ARM922t in my case) is done in CPU folder with Startup.S where this assembly routine will call low_level_init code for initialization of RAM of customized board.

 2. Further I have observed rest all code which are required for boot-up is made as library and compiled at once.

 I would like to know how the code flow of U-Boot takes place , which are all the files which will be called in sequence while boot operation takes place, as far I have seen the code, Startup.S is one which starts first clearing Stack & PC which will further calls low_level_Init, I am unable to know how U-Boot works further from this place.

I would request U-Boot users to share there knowledge in explaining me how the code flow of U-Boot takes place, which will help me in finishing my project where RAM & Flash is changed.

Best Regards,
Rajesh